Table of Contents
- Alliance 2019 Annual Conference Call for Abstracts
- Alliance 2019 Annual Conference Call for Reviewers
Thank you for your interest in submitting an Abstract Proposal for the Alliance 2019 Annual Conference: The Power of Education To...
The abstract submission deadline is Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
The annual conference is certified for CE credit, and as such you'll find several features, including a requirement for Financial Disclosures in line with accreditation requirements (for each individual identified as faculty).
Please note: Your proposal is Incomplete until all of your presenters have disclosed.
Follow the directions and be cognizant of the deadline. There is a significant proposal review process that involves multiple layers of review; only proposals recognized as Complete by April 26 can be considered. There will be no extensions or considerations for late submissions.
- The same individual should be listed on no more than four submitted proposals
- The same organization should be listed on no more than seven submitted proposals
- No more than four presenters should be listed on any submitted proposal
- Any presenter failing to complete their disclosure of financial interests & relationships will be disqualified from speaking.
What to Submit:
This year’s theme, The Power of Education To...make an impact is a call to action. We can demonstrate the power of this industry to improve health and healthcare around the globe. Education that is adequately assessed, scoped, deployed and evaluated has the power to impact public health. We encourage you to bring your best learning to the table, with the goal of helping your colleagues apply those learnings to their work. We further encourage you to consider bringing presenters from outside of the CPD profession to provide a unique perspective to the story you can tell our conference attendees.
You will be asked to identify how your proposed abstract aligns with the following:
1. Conference theme of demonstrating impact of education (only a subset of the abstracts selected will represent the conference theme)
2. Topic of importance/relevance to the CPD community/Alliance membership
3. Expected level of experience of the learner
4. Alliance competencies
5. Specific member sections
6. Innovative design, learning methodology, process, or technology that leads to healthcare process improvement and/or improved patient care
The annual conference committee recognizes that many of you have developed practical or innovative processes, tools, or technologies to improve or enhance the work of the CPD profession. We highly encourage you not to submit an abstract for any session that is to be used to present a proprietary product or service.
How Your Proposals Are Evaluated
Proposals will be evaluated by a pool of blinded reviewers selected among your peers based on their areas of expertise and experience, and by members of the annual conference committee. Evaluations will be based on several criteria:
- Applicability to a segment(s) of the Alliance membership
- Applicability across multiple healthcare disciplines
- Clearly articulated objectives
- Demonstration of impact vs. a work in progress
- Alignment with national learning competencies
- Methodology that matches the type of learning described (e.g., if selecting a 90 minute session, ensure that the methodology you employ will be a hands-on, interactive, working session)
- Ability to ensure independence and non-bias related to your presentation and the topic of your presentation
- Quality of the writing within the submission
The Alliance Annual Conference Committee is continuing to improve the review process by broadening the base of qualified reviewers who evaluate proposals submitted for the next Annual Conference. This is a great way to get involved with the Alliance and see how the conference comes together behind the scenes. Even if you have reviewed in prior years, we ask that you complete the form in its entirety.
We are looking for members with experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Adult Learning
- Educational Design/Learning Systems
- Program Management/Business Management
- Emerging Trends
- QI/Performance Improvement
- Storyboards (aka Posters)
If selected as a reviewer, you may be asked to review anywhere between 25 to 50 abstracts, with each abstract on average taking about 3 to 5 minutes to review thoroughly and score the abstracts based on the criteria provided. You will be provided about 3 weeks to review the abstracts assigned to you.
Please complete the Reviewer Application by April 19, 2018, 11:59 PM EST. Applicants can expect notification by the end of March with the review beginning in early April.
Questions? Please contact the Alliance at (202) 267-1151 or by email at email@example.com