The Alliance 2021 BASICS Workshop is going virtual!
The Workshop is packaged for the busy new normal Zoom user in a virtual format of 3, two-hour live streaming webcasts on three consecutive Wednesdays in February of 2021:
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
Who should attend
Entry-level professionals in continuing professional development (CPD) in health care
Jane Nester, DrPH, Chair | Dee Morgillo, Med, MT (ASCP), CHCP, Co-Chair
The BASICS Workshop is a comprehensive training program to provide the knowledge and practical skills you need to succeed as a new CPD professional. Participation in all 3 days is highly recommended for the optimal experience. During this virtual forum, you’ll also grow your professional network with colleagues who can provide you with career-long support and friendships!
The Basics Virtual Workshop offers:
- An opening address featuring Joseph S. Green, PhD, a recognized leader in CPD and professional development and co-author of Moore’s Outcomes Taxonomy
- A Deep Dive into Adult Learning Principles that provides the foundation for understanding your learners’ educational needs
- Accreditation Overview to introduce you to the various accrediting bodies and basic requirements and guidelines for maintaining accreditation within your organization
- A Lightning Round of top of mind topics presented in a fun and fast format by CPD leaders and experts
- An Activity Planning Process with an opportunity to work in small groups led by an expert facilitator using cases to plan/review an education activity
- Assess the current healthcare landscape and its implications to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Apply adult learning theory in the designing of continuing education for medical professionals.
- Explore various accreditation systems/agencies, terms/acronyms, and resources available from each accreditor.
- Summarize top issues in the CPD arena, including interprofessional education, The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, learning design to match the educational gap, and Moore’s Outcomes Levels.
- Design, develop, implement, review basic CEhp activities/interventions to address healthcare professionals’ practice gaps and underlying learning needs.
- Identify at least three skills that you can readily apply in your professional practice.