Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate
The Healthcare CPD Associate examination was launched to assist individuals working in the healthcare CPD/CME/CE field to document their knowledge and skills. The exam is designed for individuals working in any provider or supporter setting with at least one year of full-time experience in healthcare CPD. The exam is intended to reflect the minimum standards for knowledge and skill of those working in organizations related to the education of physicians, physician’s assistants, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners and any combination of these. The exam is based on the Novice/Beginner Behaviors of the ACEhp National Learning Competencies. Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to review these to ensure their readiness to apply for the exam.
The exam was developed by a group of subject matter experts working in national healthcare associations, medical and pharmacy schools, education companies, and commercial supporters. The 50-question exam should take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Exam questions pertain to the following 7 domains, which reflect the National Learning Competencies:
- Adult learning principles
- Educational interventions
- Performance measurement
- Systems Thinking
Why Seek the Associate Certificate?
Benefits to Individuals
- Motivates individuals to maintain a career path [not just a job] in Healthcare CPD
- Provides tangible evidence of self-improvement and pursuit of one’s own continuous professional education
- Offers the potential to increase earning power and open up new career opportunities
- Names are posted online in the "Registry of Healthcare CPD Associates"