Alliance 2020 Annual Conference Call for Abstracts
Thank you for your interest in submitting an Abstract Proposal for the Alliance 2020 Annual Conference:
The abstract submission deadline is Monday, April 22, 2019 at 9:00 AM EST.
Please note: Your proposal is Incomplete until all of your presenters have disclosed.
Follow the directions and be cognizant of the deadline. There is a significant proposal review process that involves multiple layers of review; only proposals recognized as Complete by April 22 can be considered. There will be no extensions or considerations for late submissions.
- The same individual should be listed on no more than four submitted proposals
- The same organization should be listed on no more than seven submitted proposals
- No more than four presenters should be listed on any submitted proposal
- Any presenter failing to complete their disclosure of financial interests & relationships will be disqualified from speaking.
What to Submit:
This year the Alliance Annual Conference committee will be focused on implementation science, as it relates to the Alliance Curriculum and advanced CPD Practices. We want you to demonstrate the recent advances of your profession to improve patient health around the world. Today’s medical education should be evidence-based, adequately assessed, designed, deployed and evaluated. Beyond that, the education needs to be engaging, address an identified gap, and upskill the learner for their own personal benefit, and that of their patients. Augmented intelligence and other technologies are exploding on the healthcare scene, and having a potentially huge impact on our profession, healthcare professionals, and patients. We encourage you to bring your best, skills based learning and technological advances to help your colleagues improve their own practice of learning science.
You will be asked to identify how your proposed abstract aligns with the following:
1. Topic of importance/relevance to the CPD community/Alliance membership
2. Expected level of experience of the learner
3. Alliance Curriculum Domains
4. Specific member sections
5. Innovative design, learning methodology, process, or technology that leads to healthcare process improvement and/or improved patient care
The annual conference committee recognizes that many of you have developed practical or innovative processes, tools, or technologies to improve or enhance the work of the CPD profession. We highly encourage you NOT to submit an abstract for any session that is to be used to present a proprietary product or service.
How Your Proposals Are Evaluated
Proposals will be evaluated by a pool of blinded reviewers selected among your peers based on their areas of expertise and experience, and by members of the annual conference committee. Evaluations will be based on several criteria:
- Applicability to a segment(s) of the Alliance membership
- Applicability across multiple healthcare disciplines
- Clearly articulated objectives
- Alignment with Curriculum Domains and National Learning Competencies
- Methodology that matches the type of learning described (e.g., if selecting a 90-minute session, ensure that the methodology you employ will be a hands-on, interactive, working session)
- Ability to ensure independence and non-bias related to your presentation and the topic of your presentation
- Quality of the writing within the submission
Alliance 2019 Annual Conference Call for Reviewers
The Alliance Annual Conference Committee is continuing to improve the review process by broadening the base of qualified reviewers who evaluate proposals submitted for the next Annual Conference. This is a great way to get involved with the Alliance and see how the conference comes together behind the scenes. Even if you have reviewed in prior years, we ask that you complete the form in its entirety.
We are looking for members with experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Adult Learning
- Educational Design/Learning Systems
- Program Management/Business Management
- Emerging Trends
- QI/Performance Improvement
- Storyboards (aka Posters)
If selected as a reviewer, you may be asked to review anywhere between 15 to 25 abstracts, with each abstract on average taking about 10 to 15 minutes to review thoroughly and score the abstracts based on the criteria provided. You will have approximately 10 days to review the abstracts assigned to you.
Please complete the Reviewer Application by April 15, 2019, 11:59 PM EST.
Questions? Please contact the Alliance at (202) 267-1151 or by email at email@example.com