Please visit the Prometric website for updates regarding testing center closures and reopenings.
The Alliance is now offering remote testing. Candidates can select this option during the exam registration process.
|CHCP Certification Exam
|March 13 - 30
|Registration open through February 28
|Registration open through May 31
|Registration open through August 31
|Registration open through November 30
First Step: Eligibility
Instructions: Please complete this short survey to describe your involvement in the CPD of healthcare professionals. Once the CHCP Eligibility Committee reviews your responses, you will be contacted by the Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions staff once your form is approved.
Requirements: There are 3 sections:
- Formal Education,
- CPD Informal Education/Engagement
- Work Experience
Applicants must meet the requirements for 2 of the 3 sections to sit for the CHCP Exam.
You have one year from your approval date to take the CHCP examination.
Second Step: Application
- Complete the CHCP Eligibility Form and click "submit".
- Please allow approximately three weeks for review of your application.
- If you are qualified and approved to sit for the exam, you will receive an email with a link to the payment and registration process.
Third Step: Registration
- Once you are approved to take the exam, you will be sent information on how to pay for the exam.
- After paying for the exam, you will receive an email with details on how to schedule the exam, including location - either at a testing center or remotely - time, and date to take the exam.Once on the Registration Screen, click "Exam Registration" and select CHCP. You will be asked to enter your confirmation number, user ID, and password. From here, please choose a location, time and date to take the exam.
The CHCP Credential examination is a computer-based test (CBT). The examination will be offered at more than 200 sites throughout the United States and Canada during four testing periods each year. Candidates also have the option of taking the exam remotely and can select this option during the exam registration process. For locations of testing sites go to the Testing Site Map.
Reporting Exam Results
Most candidates will receive notification of their pass/fail status as soon as they have completed the computer-based exam at the testing center. Electronic scoring is instantaneous; the results will be printed by the exam proctor and given to the candidate on site. A list of all successful candidates will be posted on Alliance's National Registry after each test administration.