The Alliance Spotlight Series are one day online workshops focused on a particular topic of interest for our membership and the healthcare CPD community.
Register today to attend Spotlight on Interprofessional Education and be on the lookout for more of our Spotlight Series later this fall and in 2022!
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 | 1:00 - 4:00 PM ET
1:00-2:30 pm ET
Designing Educational Experiences for Interprofessional Audiences
- Cecile Foshee, PhD, Director of GME Learning Innovation, Cleveland Clinic Education Institute
- Mari Knettle, DPT, EdD, Staff, Cleveland Clinic Education Institute; Director, Center for Health Sciences Education; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Lerner College of Medicine of CWRU
- Nichole Kelsey, MSN, RN, CHSE-A, Nursing and Simulation Education, Cleveland Clinic
- Discuss your current understanding of interprofessional education and collaboration
- Demonstrate your ability to create relevant activities for your target audiences.
- Reflect on strategies you can use to promote interprofessional learning
This interactive workshop will introduce the concept of interprofessional learning as a means to improve interprofessional collaboration. We will discuss educational methods and strategies for incorporating interprofessional team learning into continuing education (CE) activities. We will explore specific needs of various professions as a means to bring awareness to the importance of having an interprofessional mindset when planning for diverse audiences. Participants will practice identifying the learning needs of an interprofessional audience and designing relevant educational activities through structured, case-based, collaborative work.
The overall aim is to demonstrate how educational planners and CE providers can promote interprofessional learning to enhance healthcare quality and cultivate collective consciousness—the shared beliefs, attitudes, and knowledge that bind teams, shape individual behavior, and the sense of belonging. Throughout this workshop, we will highlight the importance of teamwork and the power of shared mental models. Participants will come away with practical tools to implement an activity that promotes interprofessional learning.
2:30-2:45 pm ET
2:45-3:45 pm ET
Panel Discussion: Measuring Interprofessional Education Programs across the Team
Hear from several providers who have recently achieved Joint Accreditation with Commendation on the topic of assessing their interprofessional programs in ways that meet or exceed the requirements for compliance.
- Janet Schultz, MSN, RN, FACEhp, CHCP, Principal, Jan Schultz Associates
- Bina George-Figueroa, MS, CHCP, FACEhp, Director of Accreditation, Medical Learning Institute, Inc.
- Kristin Gusack, RD, CHCP, Executive Director, Medical Learning Institute, Inc.
- Susan Yarbrough, CHCP, Director, Accreditation & Compliance, PRIME Education
- Differentiate between measuring outcomes for interprofessional learning experiences and those that involve parallel learning
- Implement methods for measuring team outcomes in interprofessional learning